Friday, February 26, 2010

The Handmade Tweet

Today's handmade Tweet comes from Daisy Jane Designs on etsy.

From DaisyJaneDesigns Bio:

"Thank you for stopping by DaisyJaneDesigns.

I have been making Fine Silver PMC jewelry now for about 2 years. PMC is a wonderful material that offers a diversity that sterling silver doesn’t. PMC is made of tiny particles of pure silver suspended in an organic binder. The binder is basically clay made out of plant matter. I squish, roll, press, stamp, carve, mold, cut, sand, join, dry, and then fire the clay either with a torch or in a kiln. PMC must fired at 1100 – 1650 degrees to ensure strength. PMC does not contain copper or any other metal that would make it an alloy, like sterling silver. Sterling silver is 92.5% silver and 7.5% other metals which is usually copper. Fired PMC is 99.9% pure silver!"

I am such a ring whore and this one keeps calling to me. There is so much fine detail on it. You have to look at the other images of it and see what I mean. PMC is such a fascinating material I'd love to try it if only I had a kiln. If I tried a torch I'm sure I'd set something on fire, probably me. Click on the picture to see more fabulous fine silver creations by DaisyJaneDesigns.


Garden Party Ring in Fine Silver

No comments: