Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Handmade Tweet

The Handmade Tweet for today comes from Face of Contentment on ArtFire.

From Face of Contentment's Bio:

"I fell in love with precious metal clay the first time I heard about it.
It feels like the alchemy I used to read about in school, and later in fantasy novels.
You take a bit of clay, sculpt it, fire it in a kiln, polish it a bit, and you have created a piece of 99.9% pure silver.
It can be fashioned into jewelry, used as art, or as an accent piece. I have spent twenty years as a special educator, a school principal, and Hebrew school teacher finding fulfillment in opening new worlds for children and teens. Having found my inner artist (I am certified as an instructor for PMC and Art Clay)
I aspire to bring the creative and magical world of precious metal clay to others.
My pieces are reflective of my eclectic background. Having held jobs that range from waiting tables, working with horses, to teaching in public and Hebrew schools, my art demonstrates my love of the simplicity of children. I have recently found a love for working with hot and warm glass. You will see in the pieces that I show, many lampworked beads, fused glass cabouchons, and wire work. I have also incorporated ecologically sound practice into my art. Several of the beads that "fail" find new life as fused pieces in barrettes, pins, and necklaces."

Wow! I only wish I had a teacher like that to inspire me. All of her work is beautiful but I especially fell in love with this one. I have a special place in my heart for wolves, probably because I belong to a costuming group called the Bad Wolves. Click on the picture to see all of her beautiful creations.


Howling at the moon pin

1 comment:

Mary T Designs said...

"Howling at the Moon" is sweet!