Monday, March 8, 2010

Handmade Artists Forum Blog Ring - Featured Artist

This week's featured artist is Pleasant Peasantry on etsy.

From PleasantPeasantry's Bio:

"We are a husband and wife team who enjoy creating hand-made items! My husband designs ceramics using clay and porcelain and enjoys experimenting with glazes. I, his devoted wife, enjoy experimenting with hemp to make unique creations. Our desire is to create items of artistic expression that please our customers. Any input would be great! Tell us what you think of our items and why. :) We always want to know what YOU think!

"Pleasant" comes from our enjoyment of the simple things in life, while "Peasantry" comes from our frugal lifestyle and love of all things old, natural, and hand-made."

I've always been fond of handmade pottery, I wish I could afford to replace all my dishes with handmade. This is such a beautiful jar. I love the shape and colour combination, actually it is the colour of my dishes. Maybe when I became rich and famous, or at least rich, all of mine will be so beautiful. Until then I'll keep dreaming and buying lottery tickets. Click on the picture to see more beautiful creations by Pleasant Peasantry. You can also see their latest experiments on The Craft Journals



Porcelain Jar - Little Sapphire

11 comments:

Larissa said...

They really do nice work!

Heather said...

the color of that jar is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Love the blue of that jar! Wonderful work from a wonderful couple.

Okaasan said...

That's one of my favourite colour glazes that the hubs uses. :D Thanks for the post!

jewelry by NaLa said...

"Pots and Knots" ... these two do it all, and do it very well!

Unknown said...

I love the "Pots and Knots"! Very clever and creative, just like them! Great post!

Karen said...

I love the blue glaze on this pot and wish I could create this type of work. I also think it must be wonderful to have two artists in the same family - working together in perfect harmony. Blessings on you both, Violet

jewelry by NaLa said...

Hi, it's me again. I've nominated your blog for a Sunshine Award. Details are on my blog: http://jewelrybyNaLa.blogspot.com ;)

DreamBubbles said...

Ohh you've picked a gorgeous piece to highlight their creativity! Lovely article :D

Unknown said...

A wonderfully talented duo who created amazing pieces.

Mewes Mountain Arts said...

I absolutely love the featured piece. Great post!