Friday, November 20, 2009

Etsy Blogger's Blog Carnival

Time for another Blog Carnival. The theme this month is what's your favorite holiday movie or special and why?

This is an easy one. Every Christmas Eve for as long as I can remember I've watched A Christmas Carol. The Alistair Sim 1951 version, not colourized, some things are just sacred. It use to play on TV
every year on one channel or another but one year, many years ago, I checked the TV listings and it was not listed. Needless to say I was somewhat disappointed. So, without me knowing it, my husband went out and bought the movie for me and told me I had to open one gift on Christmas Eve. I was very happy and have continued the tradition ever since. Though this year I may have to update from the VHS tape to a new DVD version.

I love this Christmas movie best because I'm not really a Wonderful Life, Christmas caroling, Miracle on 34th Street sort of person. I work in retail and they've already started playing Christmas carols in the store. By Dec. 25th I'm pretty sick of the whole season. I'm much more of a Halloween fan. This movie is darker and more sinister than most Christmas movies, not to mention Alastair Sim is brilliant, so it appeals to my darker side. And yes, Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my favorite movies.



No comments: