Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Handmade Tweet

Today's Handmade Tweet comes from Aslan Crafts on Etsy.

From aslancrafts's Shop Announcement: "My name is Hande Burdg (PRONOUNCED HAHNDAY BURGE). I have been making polymer clay beads for many many years now. As you can see from my work, I am a color freak. When I look at the nature I pay attention to color combination as well as contrasting colors. Nature is my biggest source of inspiration. Music is another big passion of mine, when I listen to a music piece I always dream of colors. I NEVER (really never) make beads without listening to music. Music helps me combine colors and patterns and everything else... If I am not doing any kind of art work, I write about music at a website I started with my friends a couple of years ago: WWW.THEPROGFILES.COM Feel free to check it out if you are a music freak.

For my polymer clay work I use Premo, Sculpey, Kato and Fimo. I hand sand all my pieces after baking, I then buff and polish them. This is a very long but a rewarding process. The more time you put into your sanding and buffing, the better results you get.

I do not use any kind of paint on any of my beads. I mix different colored clays to obtain my own preferred shades of them."


I just love handmade beads and these colours are fabulous. I so wish I had the time and patience to make my own. Click on the picture to visit Aslan Craft's shop.



Pistachios Handmade Beads

No comments: