Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Handmade Tweet and Ad Astra Report

Today's Handmade Tweet started more two weeks ago at Ad Astra in Toronto, the first SciFi convention of the year. The Steampunk Salon was a big hit, that's me on the far right in my post apocalyptic costume, vintage gas mask and all. I was very pleased with the way it turned out, especially my ray gun.










My friend Lynda won the Next Top Zombie competition. She's the corpse bride on the right. I'm the gear head on the left.


A good time was had by all. I especially enjoyed the dealer's room. I took some of my jewelry to sell in the art auction and what did I buy in the dealer's room? More jewelry of course. Hey it's my passion, what can I say. I bought three fabulous wire wrapped rings and a pendant from Irina Pertseva of Black Currant Jewelry and I've gotten loads of compliments every time I've worn them.

Irina just happens to have a shop on etsy. You can visit it by clicking on the picture below. Her wire wrapped jewelry is amazing. Her designs are so intricate and unique. I wish I could have afforded to buy more. I especially like her use of natural stones in her pieces. There was a wonderful green agate bracelet I keep thinking about. Well maybe next year.


Golden Butterfly Necklace

No comments: