Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Handmade Tweet

Today's featured artist is fellow Canadian Bella McBride of McBride House on etsy.

From McBrideHouse's Shop Announcement:

♥All my little creatures are made from a technique called needle felting. This involves poking and prodding different colours of wool with a very sharp barbed needle until you reach the perfect shape. It literally takes thousands of pokes and hours and hours to reach a one-of-a-kind soft sculpture. ♥

I may not be a mother but I still love this face. How could anyone not?
I've been fascinated with needle felting for quite a while, even to the point of giving it a try, so I know how difficult and time consuming it is. She certainly has my adoration and respect for the beautiful works of art she creates.
To see more of her fabulous creations click of the picture below.


Only A Face A Mother Could Love Gargoyle Needle Felted Soft Sculpture by Bella McBride

1 comment:

Bella McBride said...

Thank you so much for featuring me and my shop! I'm beyond delighted to be recognized and particularly by a fellow Canadian!

Thanks again,
Bella